Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
By Request: The FlameThrower video.

By Request: The FlameThrower video.

posted on #1
LittleWing Supporter
I own a flamethrower.
It is perfectly legal where I live.
I use it for fallen trees and even hornets nests .I can even light cigarettes.

When people seem surprised I own a flamethrower I made this video to show them .Of course like anything else I do , I took it over the top

Soundtrack by Mika Tohve and Frenzie (Thanks again).

Btw This video makes me look like a three foot munchkin. Im 6'2" for the record.

[youtube]ZXRcZUK0FHk?feature=shared[/youtube]
+2
posted on #2
SoulFingers Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
I own a flamethrower.

When people seem surprised I own a flamethrower I made this video to show them .Of course like anything else I do , I took it over the top

Btw This video makes me look like a three foot munchkin. Im 6'2" for the record.

This is amazing Joe, especially with the WL soundtrack :W Did you ever think about integrating the flamethrower into a musical instrument? This guy did a great job on that (wait until 00:25 in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY ;)
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
LittleWing Supporter
SoulFingers wrote:
LittleWing wrote:
I own a flamethrower.

This is amazing Joe, especially with the WL soundtrack :W Did you ever think about integrating the flamethrower into a musical instrument? This guy did a great job on that (wait until 00:25 in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY ;)

That guy actually normally rides a unicycle while he does all that. If that’s the same guy from Portland I tried looking him up while I was there.

Haven’t thought about integrating it as my main thought is not setting myself or anyone else on fire .
As wreckless as that was , there as a lake behind the grass behind me I would have jumped in and I had two fire extinguishers aimed at me just in case. The guy ready put me out was actually a cop .

The “Keep Portland Weird” building was actually a really cool record store he used to hang out at.

[youtube]cnVjkE87FDY?si=ANznNBCj0foJQI4n[/youtube]
+1
posted on #4
LittleWing Supporter
SoulFingers wrote:
LittleWing wrote:
I own a flamethrower.

I was at the filming of this in California . I worked with robots and lasers and this guy was an engineer . We used to do crazy things with hi tech stuff. We were having a bbq at his house.
He integrated a midi keyboard to control the voltage to get the pitch to change in tune .

[youtube]JH-YmzZgZ-Q?si=0N9pPjvj55B39CPD[/youtube]

I programmed this robot to whip this guy around. He was my customer . This is extremely dangerous but at that time a lot of safety regulations weren’t even in place . In the early days of robots a lot of people got killed . I’m just off camera ready to hit the emergency stop button .
I did this ride easily 50 times before I even let him get on it .
It says this video is seven years old but it’s actually much older
That’s not the first industrial robot in the US but it was definitley one of the first probably 100 installed. We would do stuff like this to get the word passed on the internet and sell more of them. People would get ideas how to use them.

People freaked out worse over these then A.I.

[youtube]6Mxt8yHZ5Hw?si=7HadzRu-IqvN1ElD[/youtube]

I’ve burned off the jeans on peoples butts before with lasers , shot a CO2 thru a window down to a parking lot and burned the rubber wall off a guys tire , even used to go to customers and use a laser to burn the first layer off my fingernails and clean my fingernails. It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
+1
posted on #5
SoulFingers Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
SoulFingers wrote:
LittleWing wrote:
I own a flamethrower.

I was at the filming of this in California . I worked with robots and lasers and this guy was an engineer . We used to do crazy things with hi tech stuff. We were having a bbq at his house.
He integrated a midi keyboard to control the voltage to get the pitch to change in tune .

I programmed this robot to whip this guy around. He was my customer . This is extremely dangerous but at that time a lot of safety regulations weren’t even in place . In the early days of robots a lot of people got killed . I’m just off camera ready to hit the emergency stop button .
I did this ride easily 50 times before I even let him get on it .
It says this video is seven years old but it’s actually much older
That’s not the first industrial robot in the US but it was definitley one of the first probably 100 installed. We would do stuff like this to get the word passed on the internet and sell more of them. People would get ideas how to use them.

People freaked out worse over these then A.I.

I’ve burned off the jeans on peoples butts before with lasers , shot a CO2 thru a window down to a parking lot and burned the rubber wall off a guys tire , even used to go to customers and use a laser to burn the first layer off my fingernails and clean my fingernails. It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

The tesla coil tune is cool, I was wondering what people in their car FM radios would hear when driving by close enough ;)
I remember the high voltage lab in the German Museum in Munich where during the demonstrations a guy is sitting inside a faraday cage that is pulled up in the air next to a tesla coil so the voltage is floating around the cage. Lots of noise and a smell of ozon...
You can see it here (sorry that it's in German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7t7O6TOQs

You're right about the robots. I followed the research of Boston Dynamics a bit, from when they started setting up the first (more or less) autonomous robots driven by combustion engines up to the latest version of "Spot". It was cool until I found a video showing a guy had mounted a machine gun on the back of a Spot.
+1
posted on #6
LittleWing Supporter
SoulFingers wrote:

You can see it here (sorry that it's in German): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7t7O6TOQs

You're right about the robots. I followed the research of Boston Dynamics a bit, from when they started setting up the first (more or less) autonomous robots driven by combustion engines up to the latest version of "Spot". It was cool until I found a video showing a guy had mounted a machine gun on the back of a Spot.

No problem , I speak very basic German. Ive been to that museum before but not that display. I love Munich but Nuremburg not far away is my favorite city.

Electricity is lazy. It always takes the easiest path to earth ground.So if you are close enough and you are maybe barefoot on the grass, it will jump right over to you.
I ALWAYS wear rubber soled shoes. Always. It saved Keith Richards life...
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/keith-richards-electrocuted-during-concert/

I saw Spot with a machine gun..Forget A. i.

Imagine being late on a tax bill and they send spot to come and collect.

I would try tossing a net at all four of his feet.
He has balance but if you take out multiple legs you may have a chamce. He can still only analyze one obstacle at a time.

Somebody made this hoax video a few years back. People were panicking there was an escaped armed robot on the loose!
[youtube]y3RIHnK0_NE[/youtube]
+1
posted on #7
LittleWing Supporter
This is real. It co$t $1000 usd

[youtube]seypqHMLvK0?si=jImAnxa7gPcpBMcv[/youtube]

This is real but was a failure. Coordinating 8 legs has always been very problematic with AC servos. The other toy spider is DC servo.DC servo motors have a limit for how powerful they are. They cant move all that weight and mass and would burn up quickly.

[youtube]xd8dKY6Ozrg[/youtube]

This used to be a show in the states in the early 2000s. Ive known a few of the people on the show competng and used to be able to get tickets but couldnt get out to california to ever see it live.Some of those are well over a few million to design and build.
[youtube]L9BvIxAMSLE[/youtube]
+1
posted on #8
SoulFingers Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
SoulFingers wrote:

No problem , I speak very basic German. Ive been to that museum before but not that display. I love Munich but Nuremburg not far away is my favorite city.

Electricity is lazy. It always takes the easiest path to earth ground.So if you are close enough and you are maybe barefoot on the grass, it will jump right over to you.
I ALWAYS wear rubber soled shoes. Always. It saved Keith Richards life...
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/keith-richards-electrocuted-during-concert/

I saw Spot with a machine gun..Forget A. i.

Imagine being late on a tax bill and they send spot to come and collect.

I would try tossing a net at all four of his feet.
He has balance but if you take out multiple legs you may have a chamce. He can still only analyze one obstacle at a time.

Somebody made this hoax video a few years back. People were panicking there was an escaped armed robot on the loose!

Last month I met a Spot in IBM's AI lab in Munich and was surprised how loud it was. It still is a machine that gives a stomping noise, just in opposite to a real predator that will sneak behind you and attacks you if you at least expect it.

Yes, a net would stop it, just like too many moving objects around it that will overload his obstacle detection algorithms. We were about ten people around him and he was not able to decide for a path when we were walking around. Demonstration videos are one thing, real life is another ;)

By the way: I live about 45 mins from Nuremberg. Lots of interesting low-tech museums...
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
SoulFingers Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
This is real. It co$t $1000 usd

[youtube]seypqHMLvK0?si=jImAnxa7gPcpBMcv[/youtube]

This is real but was a failure. Coordinating 8 legs has always been very problematic with AC servos. The other toy spider is DC servo.DC servo motors have a limit for how powerful they are. They cant move all that weight and mass and would burn up quickly.

This used to be a show in the states in the early 2000s. Ive known a few of the people on the show competng and used to be able to get tickets but couldnt get out to california to ever see it live.Some of those are well over a few million to design and build.

I remember a TV series called "Robot Wars". Quite interesting that most weapons were miniature reproductions of medieval or steam punk weapons: hammers, circle saws, claws... or flame throwers ;)
posted on #10
LittleWing Supporter

I remember a TV series called "Robot Wars". Quite interesting that most weapons were miniature reproductions of medieval or steam punk weapons: hammers, circle saws, claws... or flame throwers ;)

Yes! Actually of all the weapons ,the champions were almost always “wedge” robots who could scoop under the opponent and flip them.

Nothing personal but Germans can’t make a hamburger a visiting American would find satisfactory.. Nuremberg used to have a place called “Chong’s” that made probably the best burger in Germany. I would get homesick and crave a decent burger and that was the only place.

I also had a quite a memorable night at Hofbrau house. I had a very pretty blond haired girl with me and there was an Italian biking team there who became utterly obsessed with “the American blonde”.
I have photos of that night:

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=joe.magiera.3&set=a.1839172148282
I am not in any of the photos . All the guys wanted to see and hang out with “the American blonde”. She was treated like a celebrity that night.
The blonde girl actually went on to be a communications director for Google .

My 2013 trip to Nuremberg/ Munich

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=joe.magiera.3&set=a.10202115181430269

That Facebook account is dead . I have security clearances still and to maintain them I got rid of social media accounts so don’t use them .

I really connected to that city. I also spun the correct ring on the gold fountain Infront of St Lorenz church in the market platz.

The executioner bridge and tower also fascinated me .

My cuckoo clock was custom built there.
I highly recommend Chong’s for a real American burger . It looks like the place is still open in 2024
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Making music on WikiLoops is what binds us all! Thanks for the great rides all!
Marceys from Netherlands

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.