Home » Forum » Developers blog »
Wikiloops meeting 2024 kicking off

wikiloops meeting 2024 kicking off

Hello, friends of wikiloops!

Meeting news

The wikiloops meeting is just around the corner, and I am more than excited to welcome the roundabout 25 wikiloops members which will be gathering at our house starting this thursday.
It is an honor to know people from all over the globe are travelling to germany to attend a wikiloops event.
From the top of my head, I believe there is people from the Netherlands, France, Switzerland, England, Germany, New Zealand and the United States attending this time - it's the the global jam idea taken to the offline realm.
I am also very happy to be able to continue the series of meetings after five years without a wikiloops meeting, and to see an even split between people who have been at a meeting before, and new members who are attending their fist wikiloops meeting.

wikiloops meeting poster

Preparing our home to host the event has kept me more than busy lately.
For those who are interested to have a look at my "little side project" of converting our barn into the barnadise it is now, you can find a part of the story and loads of images here: https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3826 - mind, the images deliberately stop short of the current state, to leave a bit of surprise to those coming. We will of course share some footage with you after the meeting :)

Should you be considering a short-notice appearance at the meeting, please be aware our accommodation & catering capacities are pretty much booked out at this time, leaving you with the option to just stop by and spend time with us. Please do get in touch with me directly prior to showing up!

wikiloops crosses 300k uploads

In the meantime, online wikiloops has been bustling - we are seeing increased new member numbers, and our track ID system (which basically represents the number of uploaded tracks) has crossed the 300k mark yesterday. I did the math really quick, and according to the stats on our homepage that show roundabout 3.500 active uploading individuals, the average number of uploads per active member is above 80 tracks.
That is somewhat astounding and may seem unrealistic if you just joined last week, it does show something beautiful about wikiloops tho: If you get hooked to our kind of music collaboration and mingled with the community for a bit, there is a high chance wikiloops will keep you on track with your recording, and will keep you motivated to make music.
Some may interpret 300k tracks like "oh, then it probably doesn't need any of my music, or it will vanish in the ocean of content like it would on social media". I believe that would be a misperception.
To me, these 300k tracks are not the "product in focus" on wikiloops, the process of creating them is, and I can only recommend to dive into the flow of collaboration instead of worrying about being in demand.
After taking a little stroll into the world of instagram lately, I can assure you you will get a lot more interested ears on wikiloops than on any social network I know of.
The average track on wikiloops receives seven likes and five comments, I do not think that rate of interest and interaction can be found easily anywhere else.

Now, I still need to set up the drums at the barn today, so, I'll end here and wish you all a creative and of summer period :)

p.s.
Before someone asks: The offset between the number of publicly available tracks (237,872 at the time of writing) and the mentioned track ID count goes back to the fact that the upload count includes "private band space" uploads, which do not go public on wikiloops but can only be accessed by invited members.
gwailoah
Fantastic on reaching 300k uploads!! All best wishes to the attendees of this years gathering - hope everyone enjoyed and hope to attend next time! <3:W:D +2
Tofzegrit
I’m so disappointed and sad for not being able to come to the party… I wish you all the best +1
August 18, 2024 at 3:08 PM
adu
adu That's a real shame! I was looking forward to seeing you again. Next time then! Many greetings to France.:W +1
August 18, 2024 at 3:32 PM
Tofzegrit
Tofzegrit The wrong week according to my team’s planning at work 🥺 +0
August 26, 2024 at 10:38 AM
marmotte
marmotte We missed you ! Bizouxxx ! +1
Drone34
hello dick, as I have already had the opportunity to tell you, your WIKILOOPS application is absolutely brilliant. This meeting project in this banardise is also great and I wish everyone to have an excellent musical time. I regret that my schedule did not allow me to come. Happy Jam everyone +1
Shamika
Impressive stats there! I can only imagine how much work and organisation went into this even before it kicks off. Kudos to you Dick. I hope to see lots of wonderful new collaborations and visuals appearing shortly afterwards. Have a memorable time in the barn, my thoughts will be with you all :) +0
Krasimir
Unfortunately busy time and not able to come to this meeting. Hopefully we will get videos for this event. +0
rootshell
enjoy the music and camaraderie :W +0
titi
Congratulations Richard on the accomplishment of this beautiful meeting project and the renovation of the "la Grange" in particular !!! :W<3 +0
SoulFingers
Too sad I could not participate in this year's offline meeting - I would really have loved to have been there as well - hope you enjoyed it :W:D +0
Posted on

Founder of
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
so happy about ... thank you wikiloops & all those fantatstic musicians here
AKchen from Germany

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.